Fall 2020 – COVID-19 Protocols
Genesis Gymnastics will be open for our fall session on Tuesday, September 8th! This document outlines our custom “return to gymnastics” action plan. Thank you to all our families for their continued support. Please note, our front desk staff is very limited, and we will get back to you regarding any registrations, inquiries, and questions as soon as possible.
We are in unprecedented times and as such we are having to take unprecedented measures to ensure the safety of our athletes, families, and staff. Please note the measures we are taking below to ensure that our families are as safe as possible. The following guidelines are based on the most current information from the CDC and WHO, as well as the recommendations made by the Ontario Ministry of Health.
About Genesis Gymnastics Protocols
Some of the enhanced and strict public health measures that will be in place include:
- Smaller class group sizes
- Additional staff to assist with maintaining physical distancing requirements and sanitization
- Daily health screening protocols for athletes and staff
- Floor decals to mark physical distancing measurements of two metres
- Staff will wear personal protective equipment, including cloth face masks, when physical distancing can’t be maintained
- To maintain strict social distancing within the facility, we will have 1 coach for every 6 athletes (Parent & Tot/Kinder) and 1 coach for every 8 athletes for all other programs.
- We are scheduling no more than 50 athletes in the gym at one time.
Registration & Fees
- Class registration is on a first come first serve basis. Space is limited.
- Payment is required upon registration.
- Registration can be completed on our website: www.genesisgymnastics.ca
- Mandatory Registration and Insurance Fee : all registered athletes must pay $35 for the 2020 calendar year.
- Sibling Discount : A 10% discount will be applied to class tuition for all siblings. Discounts are applied to the lowest class tuition fees and are not applied to registration and insurance fees.
- Waiver Acceptance – Prior to Arrival : All parents must log on to www.genesisgymnastics.ca to accept the new student policy agreement terms. Athletes will not be permitted into the gym if this has not been completed prior to training.
- Anyone feeling unwell should stay home. Please call/email us regarding your child’s absence.
- Athletes must wear a mask upon drop off if physical distancing is not viable.
- Athletes will be required to bring an athlete screening questionnaire every class, which includes a temperature check. Anyone with a fever over 38 degrees will not be permitted into the gym.
- Please come dressed in your gymnastics attire and keep belongings to a minimum.
- Our viewing area will be closed to all parents, except for our Parent & Tot and Kinder class parents. One parent will be permitted to stay and will be required to wear a mask and social distance. Parents and guardians of all other classes will not be permitted to stay until further notice.
- Parents will wait outside in the parking lot and athletes will be released in an orderly fashion – please be on time. Please wear a mask if you are not able to physically distance.
- If you are going to be late, please email email@example.com
- Please let us know if someone besides a parent is doing pick up either in person or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Distancing & Class Protocols
- 6’ markings have been placed outside the facility for the line up/controlled entry to the gym.
- Inside the gym: markings are on the floor in the lobby, gym, and the washroom line up.
- All athletes will be required to stay spaced out on the markers while at their designated stations or waiting in line for their turns.
- Athletes will sanitize before entering the gym, between events, and before exiting the gym.
- Masks are not mandatory for athletes.
Staff PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), Spotting, and Assistance
- At this time, all staff are required to wear a mask upon entering and exiting the building and during classes when physical distancing can’t be maintained.
- Drills and progressions will be utilized to ensure safety of skills. Spotting will not be done unless the coach is wearing a mask and it is deemed necessary.Cleaning
- The Gym : an industrial sprayer will be used to apply Germosolve 5 to all surfaces in the gym every evening. Germosolve 5 is used in hospitals and other healthcare environments and kills viruses and germs in 5 seconds.
- Bathrooms : touch points will be cleaned before classes begin and a full clean of floors and toilets will be completed daily
- Lobby/front desk : touch points and surfaces will be wiped down continually during training
- All cleaners are registered hospital grade and approved for Covid-19
- Due to covid-19 and some restrictions that may be put in place, Genesis Gymnastics may change the dates or limit the number of children. In this case, if your child is unable to attend, you will receive a full credit in your family account for future camps, classes or other activities assuming equal value or you may request a full refund.
- Refunds will not be provided for withdrawal from classes. Family credit will be provided for withdrawal, if necessary.
- If classes are cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic, you will receive a full credit in your family’s account for a future camp, class, or activity or we will provide a full refund.
- Any athlete presenting with Covid-like symptoms before or upon their arrival at the gym will be able to rollover their credit to future classes or camps as they will not be allowed to attend their enrolled session. If space is available and they are symptom free for 14 days they may enroll for a later week.
- Registration and insurance fees are non-refundable.
- Front desk staff is limited during this time. Should you need to communicate with us, please email: email@example.com or call/leave a message at (905) 775-4961.
Please contact us:
- If you need to pick up your child early or drop off your child late
- If your child is sick
- If you have any questions at all!We are doing our best to ensure the safety of our staff, coaches, and athletes. Once again, we want to thank you for your patience throughout this time and we look forward to seeing you in the gym!
Donna Katz, Owner
I have read and understand the protocols that will be in place at Genesis Gymnastics during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Athlete Name: _________________________________
Signature: _________________________________ Date: _________________________________
401 Dissette Street, Unit 8 & 9, Bradford, ON, L3Z 3G9 firstname.lastname@example.org • www.genesisgymnastics.ca 905-775-GYM1 (4961)